Welcome

My name is Kelly Nobles, I'm 35, the wife of Eric for 14 years, mother to 4 daughters and follower of Christ. Welcome to a little piece of my life, my daily struggle of living with a DVT and all that comes with it! I am 13 months in the fight of my life. I just had my 7th surgical procedure. Over the next few months I will go back to the beginning of my battle and re-tell the story of where I was, where I am and finally where I hope to be. My heart is to be transparent and to help others. I hope to educate prevention but even more than that I would like to offer a gentle embrace to those affected by this silent killer. So welcome to my neck of the woods, may you be blessed!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

First things First!! post 3 DVT Testimony

I know I left you at a cliff-hanger but I realized some of you may not even know what a DVT is so today's blog will be first things first.  Once we have understanding we can dive back into story telling!

I am a Victorious Survivor!  I have a DVT and have had it for about 2 years although my doc's debate that I may have had it even longer than that.  DVT stands for Deep Vein Thrombosis.  It's a blood clot in a deep vein resulting from damage to a vein or blood flow slowing or stopping.  Blood clots in veins are common but your body is equipped to dissolve them before they become a problem.  DVT's are somewhat rare in someone like me. I am very active, thin, no family history of clotting, I work out and I am only 35.  Many complications have caused my DVT and this DVT has caused many complications for me!  DVT's are very painful and considered to be silent killers.  One of the biggest risks that may come with a DVT is something called a PE, Pulmonary Embolism.  This is when the blood clot travels to your lungs and can be fatal.  DVT's and their complications kill more people every year than breast cancer!  DVT's are the number 3 killer of people in the United States.  In fact, 1 of every 3 people with a DVT dies from complications of that DVT!  Did you read that: 1 in 3!!!  The more blood clots you get and the longer its there undetected the higher probability you will die from it.  My doctors discovered that I have been battling unknown blood clots for years and yet here I am to tell the story.  God is great! 

I have experienced a gamut of emotions stemming from this battle.  Fear, anger, depression, grief, frustration, and desperation; just to name a few.  I will share my journey with you of how I got from waiting to die to actively pursuing healing and more of Jesus while leaving less of "me" behind.  I was at a point that this DVT defined me, I lost Kelly and no longer recognized myself anymore.  What I didn't realize is that it was ok to lose myself because God had so much more for me and who it was He created me to be.  This is my journey......

No comments:

Post a Comment