Welcome

My name is Kelly Nobles, I'm 35, the wife of Eric for 14 years, mother to 4 daughters and follower of Christ. Welcome to a little piece of my life, my daily struggle of living with a DVT and all that comes with it! I am 13 months in the fight of my life. I just had my 7th surgical procedure. Over the next few months I will go back to the beginning of my battle and re-tell the story of where I was, where I am and finally where I hope to be. My heart is to be transparent and to help others. I hope to educate prevention but even more than that I would like to offer a gentle embrace to those affected by this silent killer. So welcome to my neck of the woods, may you be blessed!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lets get one thing straight... post 6 DVT Testimony

During my hospital stay, I was bombarded with a lot of information regarding DVT's.  In weeks to come I received a lot of "advice" from many which were really opinions in disguise.  One thing I kept hearing from professionals and lay people was that the baby somehow caused this.  Every time I heard it I never bore witness with that comment.  In fact it kind of irritated me.

Six years had past since the birth of our 3rd daughter and as I was now mid way through my 30's I began to contemplate our family and if we were done or have more.  I love my babies, pregnancy, nursing and just all of it.  If left up to me I would probably have as many as the Lord would give but I felt my husband, Eric would be better suited for this decision.  I told him that I wanted to follow the Lord's plan for us and not be emotional about this decision.  So, I asked him to pray about when and how to complete our family or if it was already complete.  He agreed but felt like we were content.  In obedience he prayed. 

To our surprise, the Lord had a plan to bless us with a fourth baby, a fourth girl named Chloe.  Eric was sure we were done but continued to pray about it.  We had not heard from the Lord an answer but in Eric's faithfulness to pray and submit to the Lord's will even though he was content with our family we got our blessing!  On an average day about a week after our discussion, I went to the gynecologist for an annual exam and nothing more.  My doc did a pregnancy test for good measure, sure I wasn't pregnant but I had been a little tired so what the hay, right?  When that doc came in and very casually said, oh yeah the test was positive I actually asked her, "positively negative, right?"  Well, we all know how that conversation went.

So having searched throughout the Bible old and new testaments one theme kept coming; children are a blessing from the Lord intended to be blessings and to bring joy.  We are to model ourselves after a child.  To be abandoned and completely unhindered for Jesus!  So if children are a blessing how could this baby bring on a curse of sickness, my DVT situation?  Not possible.  So to be clear, blessings are not curses and nothing bad comes from the Lord's blessing. 

In reality, she helped rescue me.  We are uniquely bonded as the Lord blessed me to allow my body to give birth and sustain her life, her life, her birth extended my life. The Lord gave her as not just a gift of another child but the gift of restoring my body.  See, her birth revealed the spirit of death that had been unleashed on my body.  Her birth revealed the issues in my body that had remained hidden since my own birth.  Guess what, it was not hidden from my God!  Nothing takes Him by surprise.  He, my Lord had been protecting me from death my whole life, He has a plan to prosper me and not to destroy me!!!!!

Tomorrow I will write about what medicine found hidden deep inside that caused this whole mess but for now I'd like to leave you with a scripture or two.

"No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgement this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from Me, declares the Lord." Isaiah 54:17

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.  Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's yo8uth.  Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!" Psalm 128:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment