Welcome

My name is Kelly Nobles, I'm 35, the wife of Eric for 14 years, mother to 4 daughters and follower of Christ. Welcome to a little piece of my life, my daily struggle of living with a DVT and all that comes with it! I am 13 months in the fight of my life. I just had my 7th surgical procedure. Over the next few months I will go back to the beginning of my battle and re-tell the story of where I was, where I am and finally where I hope to be. My heart is to be transparent and to help others. I hope to educate prevention but even more than that I would like to offer a gentle embrace to those affected by this silent killer. So welcome to my neck of the woods, may you be blessed!

Monday, April 25, 2011

By His Stripes....Post 18 of DVT Testimony

Has a scripture ever "jumped" off the page at you?  You know, I have heard many sermons and teachings on the crucifixion of Christ but you know, in private Bible study and time with the Lord He unlocks things in scripture that you may have heard a hundred times.  He does this because God is always on time and He desires personal relationships with us all.  He unlocks wisdom when you need it to reveal that He is in fact alive and well and cares about the details of our lives.

"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities, upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with His stripes we are healed."-Isaiah 53:5

Did you ever wonder why Jesus had to suffer the brutality of the whipping and lashing?  It's referred to as scourging.  Would God the Father allow His Precious Son suffer needlessly?  Of course the answer is NO, but what was the purpose then?  So yes, its true that His death and resurrection was needed to pay our debt to sin in full, but why the suffering?  My God, the One Who loves us the most would never allow NEEDLESS suffering for His Son Jesus and I believe that to be true for all of His children.  I mean, I am the daughter of the King of Kings are you not sons and daughters of The most High King!  OK, so why did Jesus have to suffer those "stripes"? 

His body was broken, yet no bones were broken in His whole body.  In old testament times it was considered sinful to eat of an animal that had broken bones.  Jesus, the blemish free lamb, perfect sacrifice for sin once and for all.  His body was broken during those lashings not His bones.  To make the whips for scourging, the Romans lined leather whips with broken glass, jagged bones and lead with the intent to rip flesh from the prisoners back.  Jesus, His body broken....BROKEN for us.  Death is beaten, debt of sin, paid in full. 

By "Whose stripes" are you healed?  Are you healed then?  The Bible doesn't say by His death you are healed, specifically by His STRIPES you are healed.  I believe He had to suffer that horrific torture for our healing: spiritual, emotional, mental and physical healing.  This was monumental for me to understand and grasp.  Jesus paid it, He suffered it and I was not going to allow this suffering to be in vain.  I chose to grab a hold of healing that is mine because Jesus bought it with His body for me, for all of us to have!  If we are to model our lives after Jesus; suffering will surely come but hallelujah the payment is complete and in full so we don't have to stay in our sufferings.  My whole attitude changed with this realization, this illumination of His Word.

Finally I felt freed to surrender.  I thought I had surrendered but that day on my bedroom floor with my nose buried in tear stained carpet I really let go and let God!  Now, His will and His plan could be released!

Oh Jesus, how I love you.  Thank you just doesn't seem strong enough or words worthy of what You did for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment