Welcome

My name is Kelly Nobles, I'm 35, the wife of Eric for 14 years, mother to 4 daughters and follower of Christ. Welcome to a little piece of my life, my daily struggle of living with a DVT and all that comes with it! I am 13 months in the fight of my life. I just had my 7th surgical procedure. Over the next few months I will go back to the beginning of my battle and re-tell the story of where I was, where I am and finally where I hope to be. My heart is to be transparent and to help others. I hope to educate prevention but even more than that I would like to offer a gentle embrace to those affected by this silent killer. So welcome to my neck of the woods, may you be blessed!

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Pursuit of a Great Faith post 13 DVT Testimony

If you are just tuning in for the first time, this is a story about breakthrough, and overcoming.  This is a survivors story.  Its a story of battling DVT with complications physically and spiritually, its a journey being told in a series, or chapters. I hope you find encouragement and I hope you will allow me some of your precious time and go back to read through the entire story. 

This whole attack on my health has been a mystery. My Surgeon is completely frustrated with my body and lack of progress.  He has even gotten opinions from all his colleagues and med school professors!  Still, no answers how long, how to fix it or if I will ever be able to be clot free.  I was overwhelmed with how little the professionals could tell me when, HELLO!! Who is the greatest physician of all?  Who is it that I carry with me that I asked to be my Savior?  So after slapping my head and wishing I had drank a V-8 I began to go deeper into the Word of God for some understanding.

In a previous blog I mentioned coming face to face with my unbelief and shallow faith.  As I searched the Word with intensity and purpose the faith began to build and the unbelief just began to fall away chip by chip.  Faith:  How do you get it?  The Bible says by hearing, hearing the Word so that's what I did.  I began to play worship music, the Bible on CD, reading the Word out loud, you name it I did it.  As my faith grew I began to understand it all so much better. Faith was not given to us for the good times, God designed it for the tough times.  It's easy to have faith when everything is peaches and cream.  When you are in that pit is when you find what your faith is made of!  I realized that to continue to profess my healing and believe it took a greater amount of faith in my sickly state than if the Lord had touched me immediately with healing.  This waiting to be free season has not weakened my faith at all; in all reality it has actually strengthened it.  I believe I have a greater witness because of this suffering.  I can say that I have prayed and I know God can heal me.  He has a plan and a purpose to use my sickness so I have committed myself to His will.  He knows best so I find peace and rest in that alone.  I mean His Word so clearly says that,

"No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgement this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, declares the Lord."-Isaiah 54:17

His Word also says, "Bless the Lord o my soul and forget not all His benefits, Who forgives ALL your iniquity, Who heals ALL your diseases, Who redeems your life from the pit, Who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy...then it goes on to say that The Lord works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed."-Psalm 103:2-6

A few things stick out to me there; the Lord forgives ALL my iniquity (sin,short-comings), heals ALL your diseases, and redeems my life from the pit.  ALL MY DISEASE, you too, not just some but ALL!  All sin He freely forgives, do you get it?  Really?  That is love, complete, whole and unconditional! 

No comments:

Post a Comment