Welcome

My name is Kelly Nobles, I'm 35, the wife of Eric for 14 years, mother to 4 daughters and follower of Christ. Welcome to a little piece of my life, my daily struggle of living with a DVT and all that comes with it! I am 13 months in the fight of my life. I just had my 7th surgical procedure. Over the next few months I will go back to the beginning of my battle and re-tell the story of where I was, where I am and finally where I hope to be. My heart is to be transparent and to help others. I hope to educate prevention but even more than that I would like to offer a gentle embrace to those affected by this silent killer. So welcome to my neck of the woods, may you be blessed!

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Goal is not Healing.... Post 19 DVT Testimony

My goal changed that day on my bedroom floor (from post 18).  The day I discovered the truth behind the scourging the lashings He took during the crucifixion.  The goal is no longer healing....What?  Did she really just say that healing isn't her first priority?...YUP YUP YUP!  Healing is not the first priority;  more of Jesus and less of myself is the number one goal now! 

Do I want healing?  Do I need healing?  NO DOUBT!  Here's the thing, I need Jesus more.  I never really knew what people meant when they said, "Jesus is the answer,".  I used to think; of course He is the answer to salvation, to eternity.  But now, going through this fiery trial, when there are no answers, no explanations, when the doctors will only tell you the bad you can expect but no real answers, when your friends have only opinions and advice but no concrete answers....The Bible has them.  They might not be the answers you thought you would get but answers, God's answers you will get! 

When He doesn't change your circumstance, let Him change you.  Jesus is what the Bible says He is.  He heals, He gives joy and when you have no answers run to Him in prayer and listening, to His Word and He will bathe you in His love.  Did you hear that?  Not just the prayer part but the LISTENING part.  The listening part is key and for me the hardest part to master.  When you go the extra step and surrender it all, He reveals the junk in your heart that is weighing you down.

As you read, pray and dare I say it... LISTEN, God shows up and He releases revelation, gives freedom and before you know it your joy comes in fullness.  What DVT, blood clot, what illness do I have?  Huh?  I AM HEALED as sure as I am sitting here writing this post today with this pile of medical concerns know this......I AM HEALED and you can be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment