Welcome

My name is Kelly Nobles, I'm 35, the wife of Eric for 14 years, mother to 4 daughters and follower of Christ. Welcome to a little piece of my life, my daily struggle of living with a DVT and all that comes with it! I am 13 months in the fight of my life. I just had my 7th surgical procedure. Over the next few months I will go back to the beginning of my battle and re-tell the story of where I was, where I am and finally where I hope to be. My heart is to be transparent and to help others. I hope to educate prevention but even more than that I would like to offer a gentle embrace to those affected by this silent killer. So welcome to my neck of the woods, may you be blessed!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lay it down and rest....Post 17 DVT Testimony

I am not angry, scared or upset that I still have symptoms, more challenges ahead and pain.  This not my eternity.  I have let go and let God, I have placed this trial at His feet, at the foot of the cross.  It takes tremendous faith to say, "It;s in the Lord's capable hands and He knows best," and here is the key to that statement: Rest in it, rest in the laying it down.  Do not wrestle and toil with it but rest in that it now belongs to the Lord.

We have to stop beating ourselves up when we fail.  Choosing to let go and trust can be difficult.  I wont pretend that I was able to do this flawlessly.  I have to purpose myself in this every single day, and guess what?  Some days, I pick it up again but HALLELUJAH people, I get up again the next day and successfully lay it down again.  As I have practiced this I have seen improvement.  Practice, meaning over and over, its not practice makes perfect its practice makes better!  As I have navigated through laying it down the picking it back up again, well that has greatly diminished.  As far as the length of time I hold on to it once I pick it back up again has diminished also.  I live more of my life in joy rather than in turmoil over this trial!   I believe the Lord delights in our perseverance, in our; dare I say it?, in our failures because its in our failures that we are reminded how much we need Him!  Its in our weakness that we are strong because we realize that we need to depend 100% upon our Daddy.  There is beauty in the breaking because right after the brokenness is realized the Lord is rebuilding and lifting us back up into His giant, comforting arms.  Rest and know that He is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment