Welcome

My name is Kelly Nobles, I'm 35, the wife of Eric for 14 years, mother to 4 daughters and follower of Christ. Welcome to a little piece of my life, my daily struggle of living with a DVT and all that comes with it! I am 13 months in the fight of my life. I just had my 7th surgical procedure. Over the next few months I will go back to the beginning of my battle and re-tell the story of where I was, where I am and finally where I hope to be. My heart is to be transparent and to help others. I hope to educate prevention but even more than that I would like to offer a gentle embrace to those affected by this silent killer. So welcome to my neck of the woods, may you be blessed!

Friday, April 8, 2011

A Desperate Woman post 11 DVT Testimony

Now desperation is a funny emotion and it leads to one of two paths.  If your flesh gets involved, desperation can lead to destruction.  But if you keep your eyes on the Lord it will lead to positive decisions that will reap good fruit.  I have been down both paths during this battle.  I fell into depression which stemmed from my desperation when my flesh was in charge.  But Praise be to God, I didn't stay there; I didn't take up a permanent residence there.  My merciful and faithful Lord showed me a desperate woman much like myself.  This teaching the Lord gave me through His Word placed my feet upon His path leading to understanding, revelation and peace. 

There was a woman in the Bible who suffered with an issue of bleeding for 12 years!  It was unlawful during that time period to touch a woman or any object she had touched while she was bleeding; they believed if you did, you would be unclean.  See a woman was considered unclean during her monthly menstruation.  Now it doesn't say this in the Bible but based on law this could mean that for 12 years she had no physical touch.  Think about it, no hugs, gentle touches of encouragement, a friend to sit with and talk, potentially no contact.  To add insult to injury, she also had to notify people when she was in public that she was unclean so they would know to stay away from her.  Can you imagine the humiliation of having to call out, "UNCLEAN< UNCLEAN!"  out loud every time you left your home.  Every doctor's appointment, every shopping trip every time you just wanted some fresh air?  I believe she was at the end of her rope.  Twelve years of searching for answers to end up penniless, still plagued and all alone.  So desperate she believed that if she could just touch the hem of Jesus' garment that she would be healed.  She believed in the power He had that she had only heard about.  She purposed in her mind to touch Him.  The boldness of her desperation to reach out and touch a man in her unclean state!  I believe the crowd was so thick she probably ducked and squeezed and pushed with all her might and I personally have a picture of her in my mind:  On the ground lunging with all her might as she struggled in that huge crowd, her last stitch effort to grab Him and to catch just the hem of his cloak.  I can see her at the bottom of the crowd, crouched down in the dirt, puffs of dust all encompassing her as the crowd continued on.  She reached out and took hold of her healing!  Instantly she was healed and the bleeding dried up.  She felt it happen.  She was made whole with just one touch of His garments!  Revelation came as I read that story:   How much more can He touch me living right inside of my heart! 

Mark 5:30-34 says, "Jesus stopped, and said, "Who touched My clothes?"  The disciples were amazed because everyone in the city was pressed up against Him, who touched Him, everyone.  But Jesus knew power had left His body and into that woman who had faith enough to believe one touch from the powerful Jesus would heal her.

Can you imagine the fear she must have had because she knew also that she had touched him unlawfully?  The integrity she must have had to admit it was her who had touched Him.  She could have skipped all the way home never saying a word, but because she knew Who He was she fell at His feet trembling.  After she shared her story, He told her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well, go in peace and be healed of your disease."  I made a deep connection to this woman.  I wanted my desperation to cause me to be a greater woman of faith and to reach out and touch my Father for I didn't want to stay in my depression.  So, I just began to do what she did, I fell on my face and told Him, what He already knew, but I shared all my fears, I told Him all about my health issues and that one act of surrender gave me the boost in my faith I needed to get off the floor and begin to walk with Him again.  I will overcome by the blood of the lamb and the Word of my testimony!

This revelation was just one of many during this battle but its my most treasured.  I connected to Him as a little girl does with her Father.  I always knew Him as Father in my brain but this one moment with Him made Him Daddy in my heart.  This precious moment alone with Him took my relationship with Him deeper and I thought I was already as deep as I could go!  Just when you think you got Him all figured out He reveals His Glory in a new way.  Beloved, God will never fit into a box!  He's too big and He's too amazing. 

May you be blessed, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment